Sunday, December 3, 2017

Up and Down 29 Steps


Hello yet again!

So this week was a good week. Really cold but it didn't snow much so I
am ok with that! So on Monday we ate lunch with some of the members of
the stake because school was cancelled cause it was snowing so much.
That night we had a lesson at the Hymas', and Taylor is officially
getting baptized the 18th!! So pumped. The whole family is active
again and it's just awesome to see them love the gospel again. After
that we stopped by Dani's with Bro Weber, she just had surgery and got
a couple of teeth pulled, so we brought her a shake and some stuff to
eat that was soft.

Tuesday we walked around and shoveled driveways and helped people out,
and we ended up helping this guy in his 50s named Jay who we found out
isn't a member and is interested in us going back over!! He seems like
a stud and I am super hopeful about it! That night we tracted and
visited some people, and then we went on exchanges.

So Wednesday Elder Rivera who is from Massachusetts came with me into
our area! And like most of you have heard, Wednesday morning there was
a worldwide devotional for all missionaries, and they changed our
schedule to basically where we have more freedom and flexibility to
plan how we need to, and PDay is longer now too!!! After that we had
our seminary devotional, that was fun we did these Missionary Olympic
Games, it was a good activity haha I think the students liked it. We
got some referrals this week for the other Elders from it too so
that's good! After that we went around tracting and visiting some of
the part members and found this guy who met and married his wife who
is from China 5 years ago and is learning Chinese so they can
communicate. That was interesting haha.

Thursday we had switched back, and that morning we had interviews with
President Allred! That was great I love talking with him. He is funny
haha during our interview he just started talking about the dunes and
stuff and so he said after the mission he's going to come down and go
to the dunes with me and I'll go up and go boating with him hahaha I
love President. After that we visited some of the
partmember/unbaptized list, didn't have much luck but then we had
dinner!!! Alright so this Less Active named Brother Tolua is a
returned missionary from Hawaii. He is huge. And he took us to this
Hawaiian place here and I didn't know what to order so he says "I got
you" and got me the same thing he got...it tasted amazing but it was
huge!! I know I eat a lot of food but this was a gigantic amount. I
barely finished it, and Brother Tolua downed his and then finished the
rest of Elder Ichins it was insane!

Friday we had apartment checks, we got 100% so mom you should be proud
of me!! After that we basically just visited and tracted people all
night, and we found this family that was moving the next day so we
said we'd go back and help. It was 5* as we were Tracting, so we were
both dying. Saturday we spent all day helping the Larsen family move,
and I find out that the husband is a wrestler! And not only a
wrestler, but a 2 time high school national champ that lost to Jordan
Oliver in a match by 2 points and that had a full ride scholarship
offer to Iowa but turned it down to go on a mission! So we had a great
time talking about wrestling. That night we get a call from Sister
Soto letting us know that Brother Soto was in the ER cause a ladder he
was on slipped and he wrecked his face and lost some teeth. He was ok
otherwise though!

Sunday we had church and then that night went to a USU devotional with
the Hymas Family! Elder Anderson of the Seventy was there, and he is
from Mesa! That was legit and it was an awesome devotional. The Spirit
was so strong. After that we visited the Sotos, and Brother Soto looks
pretty beat up. He's ok though!

This week was a good week, seeing how if we are diligent the Lord will
put people in our paths that are ready to hear the message we have to
share! I love being a missionary and seeing people change and come
closer to Jesus Christ. Love and miss you all!!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment