Sunday, December 3, 2017

32 Minutes Till

Hello everyone!!

Hope you all had an awesome week and are enjoying your Presidents Day!
We sang America the Beautiful in church yesterday and it just made me
think about the Founding Fathers and all they sacrificed so that we
could have this beautiful country. It was cool to sit and think about
that! Anyways!

So this week kinda boring till the weekend. Monday we had a lesson
with Sister Johnson, the lady whose husband told us to come teach her,
and she is super excited! The whole time we just answered her
questions cause she had a ton, but we are going back tomorrow to have
an actual lesson! Tuesday we tried to visit some people, but they
weren't home so we just knocked doors till dinner, then after dinner
went and helped out the Sisters in the area south of us by all going
and knocking doors and trying to find them someone to teach! We ended
up finding a couple different people so that was good! After we got
some Frostys from Wendy's. So good.

Wednesday we had District Meeting, then our weekly devotional which
was super fun. I got a bunch of red solo cups and we did a simplified
version of a lesson my dad would teach us, where we build Christ's
church, and so the kids all build their own with the cups and got to
take them home, it was awesome. That night we tracted till we had
basketball, and this one member brought an inactive friend and 3
nonmembers! I love member missionaries. They are awesome. Anyways, we
are gonna have a quick lesson with them this week before basketball!

Thursday a lot of stuff happened that night! During the day, not so
much haha. But that night, we had Taylors baptismal interview!!! And
she passed!!!!! Elder Rivera (who interviewed her) said she knew
everything and that that was the quickest interview he's ever done so
that was awesome to see. After we had some cheesecake with them. That
night us and Bro Weber went over to Dani's and she just started crying
and we talked with her awhile, and I will tell you all more after this
next weekend!

Friday was funny haha. We were visiting some less actives and part
members and we walk up to a house and introduce ourselves and the lady
goes "well we are leaving right now" so I ask if there is a better
time for us to come back and she just says "No. Goodbye." Hahahaha I
just started laughing so hard idk why but it was funny to me she got
mad but oh well hahaha. That was the most exciting thing that happened
that day because all we did all day and night is knock some doors in
the rain haha.

Saturday was Taylor's baptism!!!!! Alright so it was so chaotic and
crazy before. Here is what happened: so we had the font filled, and we
went and checked it like 35 minutes before the baptism was supposed to
start and something had happened with the plug and the font was like
empty!!! We started freaking out because we had 32 minutes now till
the service was supposed to start, so we fixed the plug and started
filling it up and using pitchers of water to help Hahahaha. So we
started the service on time and just left the water running till they
got in, and it wasn't filled but it worked and she got baptized and
confirmed after, all by her dad who got worthy and active to be able
to do it! It was so awesome to see. After the baptism we had desserts
with them, they were so good I ate a ton. They are such a majestic
family.

Sunday we went to lots of church and it just stuck out to me that I
attend so many different buildings and wards but they all teach the
same thing. A little variation on who is talking but generally all the
same. I love it. That night, we ate with Jason and his wife again,
they are the best. He is a way good cook, and then we had a long
discussion on why he doesn't go to church and I tried to help him
understand some things and he ended up promising he would go to church
with us on the 12th! I'm really excited. After when we were having
dessert we got talking about UFC and stuff and he and his son and his
buddies like to have fight nights just like me and the guys used to
back home! So he wants me to come back up after my mission with all
the guys and have a fight night with them hahaha he's so funny. After
that we had another lesson with Dani, which I will talk more about
next week! Gotta see how some stuff plays out.

Well, this week I read one of my new all time favorite conference
talks. It's from the April 2013 conference and it's by Elder Jeffrey R
Holland, and it is called "Lord, I Believe." In it, Elder Holland
talks about how like the story in the New Testament where the father
tells Christ "Lord, I Believe help thou mine unbelief," we each are in
different levels of belief. He talks about how some of us just have
the desire to believe, others are in different stages of belief, and
others know, and he talks about how if we focus on Christ and the
basics of the gospel, nothing else matters. You all need to go read
that talk because it is amazing!

I love and miss you all and hope you guys are staying safe and having fun!

Love,

Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment