Happy New Years!!!
I hope you all had an awesome weekend and didn't do anything too
crazy. It's crazy to look back over the year and see how much things
have changed. A year ago today I was wrestling in Minnesota and
getting a huge black eye. Now I'm on a mission!!! This past year has
been amazing and life changing, and I am super grateful for the
experiences I've been able to have.
So this week was a good one! Monday we actually played some sports, I
was shocked!!! After that, we played Risk with some of the Elders and
I destroyed. It was a good time! That night, we had 3 lessons!! It was
great. First was the Hymas family, and we talked about the importance
of scriptures and praying and how that is how we can draw closer to
Heavenly Father and receive answers to our prayers. After we had a
lesson with Mike, who is a stud and is getting baptized this weekend!!
Then we taught Bob, and that dude is one funny guy! And stubborn! But
he prayed, so he is making progress!!
Tuesday we spent most of the day Tracting and stuff, and then that
night the Sotos took us out to eat and bought 1 gigantic pizza for
everyone to share! It was sooooo good. I may have eat the most and
tripled what the next person ate, but that's ok!! That night we just
tracted some more so nothing too exciting. Wednesday, we went around
and visited some older folks and shared messages for service and they
really loved it. It was the best to be able to see how much it meant
to them. Then we had more tracting, more tracting, then that night we
stopped by Dani's. She isn't doing too hot, and when we got home we
got a text saying we can't visit her anymore until Ross gets back from
his trucking run so that really really really sucks.
Thursday we had Zone Training Meeting, and that was pretty fun! Elder
Whetstone and I were laughing a ton hahaha. After we went tracting and
made visits and tried to get some referrals, nothing very promising
though. After dinner we tracted more, and then had Mike's baptism
interview with President Allred. He passed!!! President said he is
super ready and I am so pumped. He is freaking majestic. Friday we
tracted and tracted and tracted and visited and yeah it was really
cold luckily we knocked on members that invited us in for hot
chocolate and gave us the run down on their neighbors.
Saturday I got to go to Ogden!!! JJ and Nathan got baptized, and JJ
wanted me to baptize him so I got to go down!! I was so excited to see
them and some of the people from Rock Cliff again. The people up here
are great, but I do still miss all the people down there. After that,
I got reunited with my favorite, Kirts, and then drove back up to
Smithfield. Then we tracted and visited some more, then we went and
got some boxes of pizza with Spanish and changed and went to our
lock-in for New Years with the zone! We played games and basketball
and ate lots of food so it was a good time. Sunday just had lots of
church and then it started pouring snow and freezing me but it was a
good time!
Anyways, I am looking forward to this upcoming year! It's kinda cool
to think that the year of 2017 I am completely dedicating to the
Savior and to building His kingdom. I won't have another opportunity
to do it and so I am going to make the most of it! I would encourage
all of you to think of something or multiple somethings that you can
work on and improve on from the previous year to make you more like
Jesus Christ and to more fully follow Him. I love and miss you all and
wish you the best year yet!
Love,
Elder Faraoni
No comments:
Post a Comment