Sunday, December 3, 2017

24 Hours Ago I Talked to My Family!!


In the words of Home Alone, "Merry Christmas ya filthy animals....and
a Happy New Year!"

Haha but seriously I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and spent
time with family and enjoying the Christmas spirit! The best part of
the week was getting to talk to my family!!! They are the best.

Anyways, Monday we had a pretty fun PDay, then that night we tracted a
lot and then had a lesson with an eternigator named Bob. He's pretty
funny. He is 72 and speaks his mind very freely and is very
independent so it is interesting for sure.

Tuesday we had our huddle meeting, then we planned our last seminary
devotional of the year, and we did a white elephant activity! So we
went to the dollar store and got a bunch of stuff and got that all set
up, then after we had a super fun dinner with the McRae family, they
are super cool and know people in my Ward back home! Small world.
After we had another lesson with Brock, and it went alright except his
brother keeps putting doubts in his head. We are working with him
though! After that we went caroling, then had a lesson with Dani and
Ross and asked Ross (who is Danis husband) why he won't let Dani be
baptized. We had an awesome lesson and the Spirit was so strong and he
agreed to respect her decision (more on that later) but yeah and Utah
weather is crazy.

Wednesday we went around doing service shoveling driveways and stuff
and that was awesome. I freaking love the people here. They are all so
nice. After we had our seminary devotional and that went awesome, the
kids are all a lot more involved then I was when I was in seminary
hahahah. Then we made cookies for our investigators since our last
ones tasted crappy, we ended up having a competition between me and
Elder Fuller because we each used our moms recipes and then the
Lundbergs judged and I freaking crushed it! Fuller's were good too but
not as good as mine. Hahahahah thanks Mom!!! We had a dinner with the
Downs and they loaded us up with food and presents because they have a
missionary out rn! I love Utah. That night we tracted a lot, then
played some basketball with a bunch of guys, and we had a ton of LA
and investigators show up so that was good!

Thursday we had a surprise Missionwide Christmas Conference, and
President Allred had his whole family here and they did a big program
for us! I love President so much, he is awesome. It was a great
conference, and I got to see all my boys! Fukumoto, Turnmire, Iloa,
To'alepai, Murdock, Brill, Heslop, Commerer,Higgins, it was a blast.
After we had a practice thing cause Fuller is doing a special music
number for our Christmas devotional! Then that night we went around
doing some caroling and Tracting! That's about it.

Friday we went and did some more service, then we went and tracted all
afternoon and night, then we went to Danis and asked her about getting
baptized and she just broke down crying because Ross won't let her at
all. It was so depressing. Her testimony is strong. That was pretty
crappy so our night we were pretty down.

Saturday was great tho so it made up for it! We went and had another
song practice thing, then went to the retirement community and just
walked around and shared messages about Christ and helped the older
people with whatever they needed. That really made my day. That night
we had a huge dinner with the Spencer family, and they invited 2 other
families over so I felt right at home surrounded by a bunch of people!
Dinner was good and then Elder Fuller and I shared messages of Christ
with everyone and it was just an awesome time. After that the Spanish
missionaries came over and we had a little Christmas thing then played
some board games it was a good time.

Sunday we woke up and it had snowed like 8 inches and was still
pouring snow. I hate the cold hahaha but yeah then we opened some
presents and just read some of our favorite scriptures about Christ to
eachother, and had church! After I got to FaceTime my family, that was
by far the best. We went to a couple houses after and just stopped by
and visited with the people, then that night we had a zone devotional
and it was so good and the Spirit was so strong. I love missionaries.

Anyways, this week was great and Christmas was amazing. I enjoyed
getting to see how other people celebrate Christmas and getting to
share my testimony of the Savior with so many others. I know that He
is the real gift and the real reason why we celebrate Christmas, and I
look forward to helping others come closer to Him. I hope you all have
a great week and have a good start to the New Year! Love and miss you
all!

Love,

Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment