Sunday, December 3, 2017

Club 33


Hello everyone!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!!! I hope your day is majestic and you have a
great time and enjoy your 17th birthday! You're growing up too fast, I
love and miss you and am proud of you!

Alright so two things real quick: for transfers, I am staying in
Smithfield with Amy new companion Elder Short! Elder Ichin is going to
Wellsville. I also got called to be a District Leader, I'm pretty
nervous but excited to be able to help other missionaries!! This next
transfer will be a fun one for sure!

And the other part: so last week basically the whole thing with Dani
is that she had decided that she and Zoey were going to get baptized
ASAP, even if that meant leaving her husband that wouldn't let her
(whole lot more on that than just leaving cause she couldn't get
baptized tho). But long story short she got baptized Saturday! Her
husband ended up giving his approval Friday night.

So this week, I have officially decided I hate Utah weather. It was
rainy and stormy in the beginning, then it's been cold again and
snowy. It sucks. Monday night we just had a lesson with Dani and
started pulling everything together for her baptism! Tuesday we went
to lunch with Bro Weber, then had an awesome lesson with Dawn, who
wants to be baptized really bad! She is on date to be baptized for
March 25th, she wanted to have it sooner but her husband is out of
town till then! She is awesome. So is her husband!! Then we started
walking and of course it was super windy and hailing and it actually
was coming down had enough that it hurt so we ran into a church and
got a ride! That night our lessons all cancelled so we walked around!

Wednesday we had our last District Meeting, it was good! After that
and the seminary devotional, we had Dani's baptismal interview and she
and Zoey passed!!! Then we had dinner with the Sotos, they are the
best haha their boys are 13 and 11 and remind me of my little brothers
back home so we get along really well! After we had a lesson with a
less active family named the Saxtons! Sister Saxton was baptized like
3 years ago and doesn't know a lot, so when we were teaching her about
priesthood and talking about how we need God's authority to do stuff,
she is a huge Disney fan and she said "Oh so it's like in Club 33 at
Disneyland, where you have to have someone who is a member bring you
in! Just like in church, someone who is a member that has the
priesthood has to do the stuff!" Hahaha I was laughing, but it works I
guess! The priesthood is important, and we need it to be able to do
the Lord's work here on Earth! Then we went in visits with Bro
Teeples, one of our ward mission leaders.

Thursday we did service all afternoon, it was pretty nasty. We cleaned
out this basement that hadn't been touched in like 20 years and they
were pretty bad hoarders and it was...yeah hahaha. But we got it done!
I love doing service tho, I never feel happier than when I get to help
someone else! That night we had a lesson with Brock, he is still doing
good just plugging away with stuff and still super busy! Friday we had
house inspections, a correlation with Bro Coombs another one of our
ward mission leaders, and then we got stuff ready for the baptism!
That night we had dinner with the Hymas fam, they are so awesome!

Saturday was super busy and stressful but awesome! So in the morning
we had a sports day with the seminary kids and it was super fun! We
just played sports for a couple hours and got to know the kids/the
people they brought so that was fun! Then we ran home and showered and
set up everything for the baptism, and then Dani and Zoey got
baptized!!! It was an awesome service, even tho I had to play piano
again. I have really grow close to both of them and am super excited
for them! They are amazing people.

Sunday we had our usual meetings all day long, but we had Dani and
Zoey's confirmation, and Dani asked me to do it! I was very honored to
be able to do that for her. After all of our meetings and stuff, we
just had dinner and knocked some doors!

Well, I am super excited for this next transfer and the opportunities
it will present! I love and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment