Sunday, December 3, 2017

19 Invites Already


Hello again everyone!!

I hope your weeks were awesome. This week has been a pretty dang good
week! Monday we played sports, got pizza and fiiz, then drove around
in the car the Lorin Farr Elders got for a couple days! Good PDay!
That night we had Ammon and Lilly's baptismal interview and they both
passed!! That was exciting.

Tuesday we got to go to the temple as a zone!! We woke up at like 5 to
be ready and get to the Brigham temple in time. It was really nice and
beautiful. Temples really are the best. After we got breakfast with a
bunch of the missionaries. That day/night, we just tracted lots and
lots and lots of doors hahaha. It's fun though, I am getting some
really intricate door knocks now! We ran into an inactive family named
the Whites, and they told us to come back so we were happy!

Wednesday was cold. And we had District Meeting and after went to
Pizza Pie Cafe, which is all you can eat and it's actually decent
food! Again, everyone was amazed at my appetite and people continue to
know me as the missionary who eats a lot. It's all good though! That
day we tracted more, talked to a couple people but nobody was
interested! Idk why! But!!! This one less active lady told us I don't
want to hear your message but I have a recliner I am getting rid of,
if you can get it out of here today it's yours! So that night (when it
started SNOWING on us) we went and got the recliner and put it in our
apartment! But yeah it was snowing on us as we walked.

Thursday was a good cold day! We literally tracted all day and night
from 10-9 besides lunch and dinner because our lessons cancelled and
we had some really crazy people talk to us! Best part of the day was
seeing my #TeamJesus buddy walking hahaha he started yelling from
forever away and I was dying laughing.

Friday we visited some people, tracted some, and then helped the
Nielsens get/hang up all their Christmas decorations with the Sisters
and that was so fun!! That night we went on exchanges with Elder
Chiang and Laughlin, so I was with a Elder Chiang in our area all day
Saturday! Saturday was Ammon and Lilly's baptism!!! It was so
exciting. There was a ton more people than we expected so we had to
set up a bunch of extra chairs and filled the room! The service was
great. After that Elder Chiang and I visited people and then had a
lesson with the Whites the inactive family! That was....interesting.
They are sorta kinda insane and stopped coming to church/believing for
some really weird reasons. It's crazy and sad how fast they lost their
testimonies. I talked with their Bishop after the lesson and he said
they just like dropped off the face of the Earth. We tried to help
them but they didn't want to but that's ok!

Sunday was great. We went on splits so we could go to everything we
needed to, and I was with Brother Muirbrook in the 2nd Ward, I love
that guy hahaha he's so funny. He and I set up a huge Turkey Bowl game
for Thanksgiving morning, so I am pumped for that. I've been keeping
count of our invitations to come eat Thanksgiving and we are at 19
already. I'm going to get so fat this holiday season. After that,
Elder Woolwine and I went to the 6th Ward with Greg, Sylvia, and their
kids who are already baptized named Julian, Ivan, Fabian, and Cathy.
That was super exciting because Ivan turned 12 and got the priesthood,
and he chose me to give it to him! It was a humbling experience for me
and I really was grateful that he trusted me with it. After we got him
and Julian temple recommends and will get to go with them to the
temple this week! That night we had a lesson with Mike and his family,
those kids are a crack up haha. They are like little cousins now they
always are trying to jump on me and stuff it's funny. After we went to
Greg and thems house and watched the Saratov Approach (which I haven't
seen) and it was way powerful. Those Elders had some strong faith. It
was a good movie and they all liked it so that was good!!

Well, that's all for this week! I hope everyone has a great
Thanksgiving and remembers the most important things in life are our
family and our relationship with our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus
Christ! Especially on a mission I have seen the importance of both of
those and seen the difference it makes in people's lives. I'm thankful
for this opportunity to be on a mission and help people draw closer to
Christ and have better lives, and I am thankful for all of you and the
support you give me! Love and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment