Sunday, December 3, 2017

I Don't Know About You, But I'm Feeling 22


Mele Kalikimaka!

That means Merry Christmas in Hawaiian! I'll get to that later though.

So yeah! I got transferred this week. Monday we went to lunch with our
Stake President one last time, played some sports, and then spent the
whole night saying goodbye to some of the members/investigators in
Rock Cliff. It was really nice to see how much love they have for us.
I'm gonna miss them a ton. Also, like every person we stopped by gave
me food hahaha this is the reason I am gaining weight. Gotta love Utah
people! After that I spent a lot of the night packing, but I managed
to fit it all!! Talk about mini miracles. I've gotten too much snow
stuff but I made it work.

Tuesday we woke up and went to the transfer point, and I got driven
all the way up to Smithfield! So my companion.....I freaking love him
haha! Elder Fuller is from Maple Valley, Washington, a little town
outside of Seattle. He graduated in May, he's 18, and he is a month
younger than me so that's cool! He has been out on his mission for 3
months now, but he is a stud! So I got my stuff unpacked and settled
into our apartment (it's freaking nice, we have a huge house all to
ourselves because we live with an old dude but he goes down to St
George all winter) and then we just went around knocking doors and
introducing me to people. It's way different up here, because instead
of 9/10 doors being people that just close it, 9/10 are members and
have us come in and eat cookies and hot chocolate. I thought I got fed
a lot in Rock Cliff. I'm going to die in Smithfield.

Wednesday was awesome. We had District Meeting, it was cool to see who
all is here. I didn't know any of them though hahaha but that changed
quickly. Our district is pretty sweet. After we went to Firehouse
Pizza with the Spanish Elders, Hawkins and Christensen. Hawkins is
awesome he's pretty dang funny and cool. After that we planned for our
seminary devotional we teach, and we had that right after. For the
devotional, we did a church jeopardy game and it was so fun. We did a
bunch of different categories, my favorite was the Old Testament. We
talked about Balaam and his talking ass, Eglon swallowing a sword with
his belly, and many others. The kids were all clueless hahaha. We
tracted for most of the day, and then that night we played basketball
with a bunch of nonmembers and less actives, it was a ton of fun.

Thursday we went and did service and I was dying in the cold. After
that we went to lunch with our Stake president, President Price. He is
cool. We made a couple visits and tracted some, then we had lessons
with this Unbaptized kid we met named Dagen, he is funny and he wants
to be baptized really bad so we are pumped! After we met with Zoey and
Dani, who are awesome. They are going to be baptized Christmas Eve!
It's going to be great. Also, it snowed like the whole freaking day.

Friday we went to our senior couples house and had a meeting then had
a brunch! Elder Fuller made pancakes and they were actually alright
hahaa. After that we went around and did service and shoveled a ton of
driveways. It's not as fun as I thought it'd be hahaha. That night, we
went to 2 Ward Christmas parties, they were pretty fun and I had a
blast getting to know the members.

Saturday we drove back down to Ogden to see Mike get baptized!!! I was
so happy and proud to see him. He has come a long way. And it was
awesome to get to see some of the members of the stake again. I really
love them. After that we went with the zone leaders and just did a ton
of stuff in our area knocking doors and visiting it was great. That
night we went to another Christmas party, and it was Hawaiian themed
and it was a ton of fun! They all made me go up and do the minute to
win it games so they could get to know me. It was interesting.

Sunday we spoke in church! We spoke on the sacrament and specifically
the importance of the individual prayers and I broke down the water
and explained it. It was great. After we taught sharing time! That was
a lot more fun hahaha. That day was filled with meetings and such, and
then that night we got a referral for a guy who is married to a member
and we taught him and he wants to be baptized! Then we delivered
cookies to our investigators that we made. Good night.

So I am loving Smithfield. This place is so nice and the people are so
nice. I will attach a picture of all the food that has been dropped
off since I came here. It's crazy. And it's so cold here. Everyone is
making fun of me for wearing like a gazillion layers. But yeah haha I
am loving my new area and my companion and it's great. I'm excited to
be here for Christmas, but I do still miss Rock Cliff! I love and miss
you all and hope you're having a good holiday season!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment