Hello everyone!!
Welp I hope you all are staying warm, because I sure am jealous of
you!! In case you didn't here, Cache Valley (the area of Utah I am in)
was one of the coldest places in the country this past week, and got a
freak ton of snow! So yeah it has been a fun week.
So Monday we just chilled and went shopping and had some fun, and then
all of our lessons cancelled so we just knocked doors! It was fun. I
am getting really good and making some sweet beats as I knock. Tuesday
we had Zone Conference with the Cache South Zone, and it was so much
fun! I sat with my boy Fukumoto and we talked about Mesa and MVT and
about how all the girls we went to school with are getting married
hahahahaha it was a great time. And I got to see my boy Turnmire and
To'alepai too! Overall, awesome day. That night we went on splits with
the Elders Quorum and visited people, then had a good lesson with Mike
and got everything squared away for his baptism!
Wednesday.....oh Wednesday. So we woke up and it just was pouring snow
all day long. We shoveled our driveway at 10, 1, and then went to the
seminary devotional which they ended up cancelling because it was
snowing so bad, you legit couldn't see 10 feet in front of you
clearly. Then us and Spanish went back to our house and it had snowed
a ton so we shoveled our driveway yet again. Then had some fun right
before dinner and Elder Hawkins "baptized me" in snow...I don't
recommend it. He buried me, then got buried himself with Elder Fuller.
I will attach pictures and videos. That whole day and night, we just
went around and helped shovel driveways and pushed cars out of snow so
they could go. I pushed at least 5 alone it was a good workout. We
also had a lesson with the Hymas' they are so funny haha they made us
some bomb hot chocolate.
Thursday we just walked around all day and shoveled driveways and
checked on some of the older people and helped everyone out. Then we
tracted all night and it was really really really cold. Friday, it got
so cold that the mission office sent out an email telling us all to
stay inside unless we had rides and to not go out walking, which
really killed our plans cause that is all we had planned to do. So we
cleaned and then helped Spanish make a map of the Stake. It was a good
day.
Saturday!!! So awesome. It was freezing, but we had Mikes baptism!!!
It was so good to see him get that opportunity. We started a little
late because the Stake didn't have a suit big enough for him but
Bishop Jensen came through! Then it went off without a hitch. After
the baptism we went and shoveled Danis roof because she really needed
it done. It was really icy and slippery and kinda sketchy but standing
on moving cars with the guys back home prepared me for it. Then I
layered up and we went tracting. Everyone the past few weeks has made
fun of me for wearing a heated coat, but this week I showed them who
the smart one was. Hahaha but Sunday we had Mikes confirmation and
that was great! He is a really great guy. Not much else happened, just
church!
Well this week I hit my 6 month mark! Crazy stuff doesn't feel that
long! I hope you all are enjoying yourselves and are staying safe and
doing something everyday to be more like Jesus Christ! I love hearing
from you all, and love and miss you all!
Love,
Elder Faraoni
No comments:
Post a Comment