Hello everyone!
Another week has gone by, and a lot has happened, but first off Happy
Birthday to my best buddy Michael!! I miss you and hope that your
birthday was awesome and that you are enjoying school. Anyways, super
great week.
So PDay is legit, our whole zone gets together and we play ball and
stuff and it's super fun cause we have one of the best zones in the
mission. It was a great day, and that night we went to eat at the
Laura's, they are a semi-less active family who feed he missionaries
in the stake every single Monday and have for a long time. They love
having us over. And they can cook....they made steak(not as good as
yours dad, but still pretty dang good) and a bunch of other stuff and
it was the best meal I've had in over a month. It was really good.
Tuesday we went to eat with the stake president for lunch and he is a
real nice guy who takes us out once a week. We also taught Gage that
night and a couple other nights and finished off the recent convert
lessons, he is a real cool kid that is pretty smart and is super
strong in the gospel for a 9 year old. That night we ate at the Pinks,
and they are a part member family. She grew up a member and is trying
to get to the temple and he is kinda interested so we are going to
teach them more. They made homemade spaghetti and it was really good,
but he dished it up for us and literally gave us a gigantic helping
but I ate it fine and was getting full, but Bro Pink saw that my plate
was empty so he grabbed it and gave it an even bigger helping...I
finished that too but I was dying!
Wednesday we had district meeting, and we found out there that a brand
new sister named Sister Davis who is from Alaska is like the most
hardcore person in the mission she shot and killed a freaking huge
grizzly bear with one shot! We were super impressed haha and then
after went with our Senior Couple the Nielsens to lunch. They are the
coolest and nicest people, they are a family away from home. They are
always taking care of us, and she asked what my favorite drink was and
I said Mountain Dew so she keeps a supply of it for me hahahah! She's
the best! After we helped move a family and that was eventful haha we
did a lot of the heavy lifting cause the husband hurt his back but it
was awesome. We also taught this guy named John who is an Ex Army
Staff Sergeant he is really cool and has super intense stories. We are
hopeful that goes well. Thursday we met with Zandy and solidified her
Baptism Date and taught some more lessons, they are probably my
favorite people to teach haha they have a 4 year old named Eryn and a
2 year old named Ethan who love us and always want to play so I
distract them with candy while we teach! It works out great. Zandy is
planning on getting baptized Saturday it's exciting! Then we had a
stake picnic that night and Elder To'alepai and I were in a skit with
some of the wards it was fun stuff! And Curtis came to the picnic and
really enjoyed it so bonus.
Friday we taught Zandy again and taught this girl who is getting
baptized next month! I had never met her but the elders before had. We
also went on exchanges and I ran the district all day Saturday with
this elder named Elder Gimpel, and we did some service at the school
and helped paint a classroom and then taught Curtis! Sunday we had a
bunch of meetings and taught the YM in the 2nd Ward and that was fun,
after we taught Curtis again and got his baptism all figured out and
got it planned, he is so ready to be baptized. He is going to be
really strong. As I was looking back over the past couple weeks, I
realized that I have been blessed with so many gifts that help me be
an effective missionary. Heavenly Father really has helped me to use
those gifts and relate to people and be able to help them come closer
to Jesus Christ! I am so grateful for that and for my opportunity to
be a missionary! It's amazing how fast you come to love the people you
teach and I can only imagine the love the Savior has for them and for
each one of us. I love you guys and miss you all! Hope to hear from
you, and hope you have a great week!
Love,
Elder Faraoni
No comments:
Post a Comment