Sunday, December 3, 2017

Tackling Castillo Like Polamalu #43


Hello everyone!

So this week was a good one for sure! Thanks everyone for the birthday
wishes, it was a good day!

So Monday we just did the usual, hung out with the Smithfield Elders
and then played some ball! That night, we met with one of our WMLs and
he made us ribs it was wayyyy good! Tuesday was a fun day. So we went
to lunch with the other Elders, then we stopped by our house real
quick to grab Elder Shorts bag and as we were doing that they did what
are the odds that Elder Castillo let me tackle him and he lost so I
tackled him into the couch haha it was pretty funny! Don't worry he
was fine. Then after that we made some visits and tried to find some
new people's! Then we went to dinner with the Hymas's to this bob
Italian place, it was super funny! Then we had some cake and ice cream
with the other Elders and then a bomb lesson with Lori!! She said she
is just going forward with her baptism even though she still has some
concerns, but she loves the church and Jesus Christ and feels like He
wants her to do this! Super pumped.

Wednesday we went and did some service for Bro Jackson again in the
morning, then had our seminary devotional again! It was good as usual.
After we went and knocked some doors, then that night we finally had
our appointment with the Reeders come through! They were super funny,
and they really liked us so I'm really excited to see where it goes.

Thursday we had ZTM, it was a fun time. We went to Razorback, and they
made us homemade chicken! It was almost like Canes, except not as
good. But still good. Then we played some volleyball there while we
waited and it was just a good time. Then that afternoon we went and
helped Brother Simonson, an old retired cop in one of our stakes, and
he has some bomb stories. He's funny as heck! That night we had
another lesson with Todd, it was interesting! He told us about how he
was going on an "investigation" (Ghost hunt) the next couple weekends
and that maybe he'd bring us hahahaha I thought it was funny but Elder
Short didn't haha.

Friday we spent like all morning and afternoon doing service! In the
morning we helped Bro Weber hang some lights, then we went over to our
recent convert Christine's to help her and Dusty with their lawn, then
we went back to Brother Simonson's and he had 2 gigantic piles of
mulch and I spent all afternoon shoveling it into buckets and then
they would dump and rake them. It was very tiring but super awesome!
Then I helped clean out his window wells. That night we just knocked
doors and tried to find some new people!

Saturday was pt 1 of our Stake conference! In the morning we had a
youth conference thing, and we taught one of the stations. It was
super fun because since I have been here for almost 6 months, all the
kids know me and stuff and were all joking around and yelling at me
from down the hall, it was a good time. Then we had a short break and
then had the adult session that night, and Dani and Christine both
spoke at it and it was amazing! They killed it.

Sunday was pt 2 of our Stake conference and it was great! We had a 7
am meeting that was a little rough, then we had the general meeting
and Tyler, President and Sister Allred, and the temple president all
spoke and it was amazing! The Spirit was so strong. Unfortunately, we
did not see Lori there so the Soto boys sat by us and I had to keep
them awake, which was a struggle because I was struggling to stay
awake! It was good tho, and then that night we had a baptism interview
for the other Elders and the kid is super crazy! He does parkour and
was trying to tackle Elder Short and Hyer all the time. Pretty
majestic.

Well, Utah is starting to feel like Arizona now! It's been a warm week
so that's been good, it's crazy time is flying! I don't feel like I'm
19 now, but I guess I am! Something I took away from Elder Nattress,
who was the Seventy at stake conference, was what do we think of
Christ? Do we realize all He has done for us? Are we using the
Atonement everyday in our lives? And that when times get tough and we
don't know where to go or what to do, that we need to"Be not afraid,
only believe"-Mark 5:36. Super powerful, especially for me as a
missionary because half the time I'm not sure what to do, but I just
need to remember that this is the Lords work and that he'll help me! I
love and miss you all, sorry this letter is so long! Give your mothers
a big kiss for Mothers Day!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment