Sunday, December 3, 2017

30 Questions Left


Hello everyone!

So this week has been an interesting one for sure! Especially the
weather. Love Utah, hate Utah weather! It's been all foggy and kinda
rainy now because it's warmed up to like 33 degrees.

So Monday for PDay we just chilled and shot some hoops and stuff. Not
a whole lot going on! After that, we made some visits and then went to
Bob's and had a great lesson on prayer and the Book of Mormon! He
didn't like reading the regular one because he gets confused easy so
we got him the Children's picture one and he loves it! So hopefully he
will pray about it, he is stubborn but we had a great lesson on the
importance of prayer so we are really hopeful.

Tuesday was a long day. We had our huddle, then we went tracting and
visiting some of the partmember families and Unbaptized lists, and we
found lots of people that have either moved or aren't interested!
Funniest one was this lady that was probably in her 50's that we were
trying to strike up a conversation with, and she was giving one word
answers, and finally she gave a huge sigh and said "Look, I really
just don't want to talk to you. We are inactive. There's some
nonmembers over there, go that way. Bye" and then closed her door
hahahaha idk why but I was laughing so hard at the expression on her
face. After that we went to dinner with one of our ward mission
leaders and he made homemade pizzas!!! They were sooooo good. I ate a
lot. After that we just went on more visits and door knocking, nothing
too crazy happened tho.

Wednesday we had our seminary devotional again! They are so funny.
It's crazy to me because it feels like yesterday that I was in high
school and I'm not much older than these kids but they act like I'm
ancient! I'm like geez this time last year I was in high school too!
Anyways, we had a great lesson on how to be member missionaries and
did some role plays inviting a friend to church or an activity, then
we opened it up for them to ask doctrinal questions that we would try
and answer! At first, not a whole lot was happening but then it was
like a bomb went off. They all had questions, and we didn't get
through most of them so we had them write them down so we have like 30
left to answer next week! After dinner we had a lesson with Brock, he
is progressing and finally recognizing the Spirit! He said he would
continue to read and would pray about the date we extended to him for
baptism!

Thursday we had Zone Training Meeting at this Members house. Long
story short these members have wanted to serve a mission but they have
two handicapped adult kids that are living with them so they can't, so
every ZTM this zone has is at their house! They made us breakfast for
lunch, and I ate like 7 biscuits with gravy it was way good. Then we
had an awesome training on how to adjust to the new schedule! After
ZTM we had a correlation with one of our ward mission leaders, then
dinner, then a great lesson with Taylor on the organization of the
Church and how it is just like the church Christ organized when He was
on the Earth! Then we set up her baptism program for her baptism and
she asked me to play the piano for it...I'm not too excited about it
haha but I told her I would! After we went over to Dani's and helped
her hang some lights up with Bro Weber's son Will.

Friday we literally just knocked doors all day, and we did not find
anyone interested! I've knocked about 75% of the doors in our focus
wards now, crazy stuff! We also visited this IA named Jason who is
awesome! He showed us his old record player that is gigantic and stuck
in a record and it is so loud! We are going back to have dinner with
them this week. Then we went to dinner with the Sotos, and I cooked
dinner! They asked me to make a dinner, so I made Baked Ziti and they
loved it so I'm calling it a success! After we knocked some more doors
and visited some more people but the only people we talked with was
this couple. He is an inactive member, and she has investigated the
church before and was supposed to get baptized but he told her she
couldn't and gave her some anti material so now she isn't interested
at all :/ sad.

Saturday we did some service for some members and helped them with
their rabbits and stuff it was pretty fun! After we visited more
people and tried to have some lessons but they all cancelled, and then
after dinner we stopped by at Elder Joy's birthday party. Elder Joy is
a service missionary in our Stake that does some studies with us, and
it was his birthday and he like begged us to stop by so we did and had
some ice cream, it meant the world to him so that was cool! After we
just knocked some more doors. Sunday we just had lots of church, but
Brock came to church! That was great cause he hasn't been able to come
the last couple weeks. Sunday night was interesting haha with the
Super Bowl on. Everyone was watching it!!!

Anyways, this week was good, I know the Lord is just preparing someone
that is ready to hear the message we have to share! Sorry this letter
is so long! I love and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment