Sunday, December 3, 2017

28 Driveways Later


Yet another week has gone by! Time is flying.

Hello again!

So this week has been interesting to say the least. I will explain
more! Alright so Monday night we just went around visited people and
Elder Fuller said goodbye to everyone! He was up late packing so we
didn't get much sleep, but it's all good. Tuesday he left, and I went
to our senior couples house and ate breakfast and waited for Elder
Ichin to get here. Elder Ichin is from Micronesia, which is a small
country composed of tiny islands in the Pacific. They speak Chuukese
there, so English is his 2nd language. He has been out 18 months, and
he really likes basketball. Alright, so Tuesday we got Elder Ichin
unpacked and then had some meetings with the Ward members, and then
that night we went around and visited people and tracted a little!

Wednesday we had District Meeting, then after we went to Firehouse
with some of the missionaries. We had our Seminary Devotional then,
and I talked like the entire time because the new Spanish Elders, one
is from Mexico and is still learning English and the other is shy, and
Elder Ichin didn't really want to talk so I had to. After that we
helped a lady move, then that night we tracted into this less active
guy from Hawaii. He is huge, and he is the football coach at the high
school and he is taking us to dinner this week so it should be fun.

Thursday it snowed again, so we walked around with a shovel and
tracted and helped people shovel for most of the day/early night. Then
later in the night, we met with all the auxiliaries in the 23rd Ward
and had a blitz of their area. It was pretty fun, they are an awesome
Ward. Friday was a ton of shoveling hahaha. We literally just did
service most of the afternoon. I would shovel their driveway while
Elder Ichin would share a message with them in their garage. That
night we stopped by Brother Weber's and met Dani there, she is getting
surgery on Monday for her mouth so we gave her a short message on
comfort.

Saturday it snowed again all day. We had a list of people to visit, so
we visited them and shoveled their driveways to try and soften their
hearts a little, didn't really work but at least I got to do some
service for them haha! Our dinner that night, they had this gigantic
pile of snow, like I'm talking at least 8-9 feet tall, and they had
dug out snow caves in it. I will attach pictures! It was awesome.
After that we visited Bob, he is doing good still a stubborn guy but
he is softening up! He is so funny haha. After that we just shoveled
more driveways!

Sunday we had lots of church and meetings, and then that night we
stopped by this guy named Bill, who is in his 80s but still kicking
it. He's awesome, and he gave us some food and we shared a message
with him. He's kinda like Bob but a little nicer haha. We shoveled his
driveway as well, and then a couple more of the elderly people that
needed it, then we tracted some!

So this week I have noticed that a lot of people here are going
through a hard time right now. A lot of them have a lot of challenges
and struggles going on, and it was crazy in my personal study early in
the week I read this talk by President Monson called "I Will Not Fail
Thee, Nor Forsake Thee," from the October 2013 conference. In it he
talks about how his wife recently died and how if it wasn't for this
gospel and the comfort Christ brings, he would be lost. He talks about
how Christ will never leave us, He is always there for us to help us
and lift us up. I shared some of that talk with most of the people we
talked to, and it was awesome just seeing the hope and peace it
brought them. The Spirit is awesome!

Well, I hope you all have had a great week and have another awesome
one this upcoming week! Love and miss you all!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment