Sunday, December 3, 2017

20 Degrees and I am Dying


Hello again!

Hope you all had an awesome Thanksgiving and ate lots of food! This
week was a great week and really reminded me how blessed I am.
Anyways! As I am writing this it's pouring snow outside and is
supposed to snow a lot of the day. There's already a decent amount.
Utah people are crazy.

So Monday we went to this indoor soccer facility and Greg, Sylvia,
Julian, and Ivan met us there and the boys played with us and the rest
of the missionaries it was a ton of fun. After we played some more
sports, then us and Lorin Farr went to Brother Liptrots to eat his
food he's majestic. He takes good care of us. After we just walked
around and made some visits, but nobody was interested!

Tuesday we went to the temple with Ivan and Julian!!!! That was
awesome. There was like no one there so we got to do a ton of names
and they loved it. After we took them out for ice cream while we
waited for Greg and Sylvia to pick us up. After, we went and did
service and we cut down trees and cut them up and stacked the wood!
That was a blast. Elder Roveri and I had an axe and we were just
chopping down trees left and right. So fun. After we made visits and
tracted, nothing new to report there.

Wednesday we just tracted a ton!! And there was a rain/mush snow storm
thingy and that was miserable to walk through hahaha it was like
soaking wet and freezing. But then we had dinner and they made some
bomb pancakes that warmed us up so it's all good. After that we had
the Bradshaw Boys baptism interview!!! They both passed it was
awesome.

Thursday we woke up and the ground was all icy but we went and played
football with a bunch of missionaries and guys from the 2nd Ward, that
was a blast. After we went to the Tyczs for our first Thanksgiving
lunch, that was fun they made some good food. Then we went to Greg and
Sylvias, and I was so full all I could eat there was some pie but we
chilled there and talked with the family for awhile. After that we
went to the Christiansens for another dinner and that was pretty good!
I was still pretty full but stuffed it down. Then we went to the
Nielsens for our last dinner. At this point I was dying I was so full.
Dad, you weren't lying about Thanksgiving as a missionary. I think
Utah people feed us more than he Hawaiians fed you.

Friday we had Zone Conference with the Brigham Zone and that was fun,
I got to see Elder Turnmire again! After that we did some service and
had some visits, then had another lesson with Mike and them. That was
awesome. Saturday was majestic!! We had the Bradshaw boys baptism!!!
They couldn't stop smiling and I was so happy. After that we just made
a ton of visits and tracted a bunch haha. We ran into this guy who
isn't interested but had us come in and talk to him and he was way
hammered and it was only 2 in the afternoon!! So funny haha

Sunday was nuts. So we went to the 2nd Ward, and they had this choir
thing where an outside choir came and performed all of sacrament
meeting. It was hard to stay awake. Elder Woolwine and about half the
congregation did though hahaha. After, Elder Woolwine went down to the
3rd Ward for the Bradshaws confirmation while I went with Brother
Gardner and picked up JJ, Nathan, and Chance for church. They are some
boys we have tried teaching that are 9, 8, & 7 so sacrament was a
struggle trying to entertain all 3 of them by myself. I got it done
though!! After church we just had a bunch of meetings, ate dinner at
the stake presidents, and then had an awesome lesson with Greg and
Sylvia on fasting and why God doesn't intervene in our lives more than
he already does. It was really good.

This week flew by! It was a great time and I really love the people of
Utah. They take good care of us and most of them are nice to us even
if they aren't interested. I hope everyone has a great week, and make
sure to go to Mormon.org and see the new Christmas initiative!! It
focuses on how Jesus Christ served others throughout His whole life
and how we can be like Him every single day up until Christmas by
doing little acts of service. I love and miss you all and love hearing
from you!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment