Wow this week has seem liked a lifetime haha. So much has happened it is crazy! So I will start at the beginning.
So Saturday was just a funny day in general. My district is amazing! The guys are hilarious and there is a huge amount of laughter everytime we are together. Not much else happened except for classes and that stuff, but Sunday was the best day for sure.
On Sunday, the sisters in my district forced the rest of us to go to choir practice, and that was annoying it was super hot and cramped and there wasnt that much music, and a bunch of the Elders just went to sleep instead haha! After that, we had our devotional and for that we watched Elder Bednar's talk he gave here on Christmas called A Character of Christ. It is only shown here, and let me tell you it was amazing. He talked about how the huge difference between us and Christ was that when we would turn inward for stuff and say hey look at all I have done, I should get some sympathy or recognition, Christ would turn outward and care for others. Like Elder Bednar said, he had completely thrown off the natural man that the scriptures talk about. It was really nice, but towards the end we were all struggling to stay awake just cause we were so exhausted from everything, and in like the last minute of the video I noticed a bunch of the leaders going out of the doors on the floor and I was wondering what was going on, and the moment the video ended they turned on the lights and everyone was like half asleep, then the doors burst open and this guy started waving his arms for everyone to stand up and we were confused but started standing up and then behind that guy were a bunch of people walking in, and when I looked i realized it was Elder David A Bednar!! It was so crazy. The moment I recognized that it was him, it was like a bolt of energy went through me and at the same time I felt chills go down my spine. The Spirit was so strong and I knew right then that this was an Apostle of the Lord. Everyone that was half asleep instantly was full of energy like they had drunken a Red Bull or something. After we sang and he sat down, he started speaking and it was so awesome. He said some funny yet spiritual things, my favorite of which is that "With 18 and 19 year olds at the forefront of spreading the gospel of this church, it is the biggest miracle of the world that we have any converts at all! But the reason there are so many is that it isnt the 18 and 19 year olds that are doing the converting, it is the Holy Ghost." That was super funny but also super true, I have noticed this week that it doesnt matter much what I say as long as the Spirit is there, which also is something Elder Bednar spoke on. He said that "It's what you are and what you are becoming, not what you say" and also said some words of comfort for people who are getting frustrated. He said to just "Be good. Not perfect. But good. Do your best to be a good boy, and thats what will matter most" and this reminded me a ton of my Uncle Bub because he always is telling me to be a good boy. Well it was an amazing experience.
Monday was cool because we met some investigators, and our favorite is this guy named Arnold. He is like 70 something but is super funny and full of energy. He loves the Bible and is super open to read with us. We talked about the Restoration and Joseph Smith and he seemed to really like it. Tuesday was great cause I got some packages, one of which was fresh cookies from Sister Packard my moms cousin and those were delicious. That night we had a meeting, and at the meeting out of nowhere Elder Turnmire and I got called to be Zone Leaders hahaha we were so surprised but I am excited for it.
Wednesday we taught Arnold again, and he was in the hospital because he got 2 heart stints put in so we Skyped him which was cool but weird. He hasnt prayed in 15 years because his wife died of cancer and he had prayed for her to get better for months and then finally asked Heavenly Father to know when it would all end and he got an answer of tomorrow, and she died the next day so he hasnt prayed because he doesnt want another answer like that, so I shared about how the Savior prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane for the cup to pass over him and he got an answer that he didnt want but he kept going, and then I bore my testimony on prayer and he said he would pray! I was so happy. Our teaching with him is going super well.
I am sorry this letter is so long, but I had alot to write about! The food still is not good, but tonight is pizza night hallelujah so I will eat alot. I love and miss you all, and I would love to hear from you guys!
Love,
Elder Faraoni
No comments:
Post a Comment