Hey everyone!
Sorry this is getting out late, today has been pretty busy!
So this week was super fun. Monday we played zone sports again, it is
a blast getting to do stuff again. That was balling, then we hung out
with the other Elders for a little and just chilled and took naps!
Then that night, Elder Layton and I visited lots of Auxiliaries and
stuff and tried getting more referrals!
Tuesday I was on exchanges with Elder Gellis, who is in my district.
He's from Georgia, he's 19, he's been out 4 months and he's basically
me with a southern accent. We had a good time and visited a ton of
referrals that he had, and had a good lesson with their investigator
that is getting baptized next week! It was fun.
Wednesday we had interviews! Sister Allred and our ZLs, Elder Ludlow
and my boy Turnmire, gave an awesome training on Lehi's Dream. It was
super good and it was majestic to talk with President. That night we
had an awesome lesson with Ronnie, and he wants to meet with President
Allred and set a course for him to get baptized!! It's so awesome to
see him grow his faith.
Thursday I was on exchanges with Elder Jones, another Elder in my
district. He's super funny haha he's from New York and has been out
like 16 months, we had a good time. I got to do some service and cut
down a tree with an axe so that was legit! And I got to drive while we
went and contacted auxillaries, and then we talked with this 86 year
old lady who was watching basketball from the night before and talking
about how she loves to watch Lebron play hahah it was hilarious.
Friday we walked and knocked like....all day. My legs were dead. That
night we had an awesome lesson with Eric, a guy that is engaged to a
less active member, and he says he knows everything is true and wants
to be baptized!!! We just gotta work on getting them married!
Saturday we had a parade, and it was just my district in it and it was
super fun! The senior couples got us a ton of candy to pass out, so I
walked and held the banner while all the other missionaries went and
passed out candy! Then we got a ride back on this float that was a
play set that was legit! Then we needed a ride back to our area, and
so we got a ride on the Miss Cache Valley float hahaha that was funny
too! Everyone was honking and waving at us. Once we got back, we went
back to the grind and just knocked doors all night! That night we had
a miracle, cause we had walked a ton and didn't find anyone, and we
felt like we should knock this door right across the street from us
and we did and met this guy named Merhawi that is from Ethiopia and
wants the lessons! Super awesome, except he doesn't speak English real
well so we are trying to find a translator!
Sunday was meetings on meetings on meetings, but it was really good!
And I didn't fall asleep in any of them, so that was awesome! That
night we just had an awesome lesson with Kali, it was fun I love those
kids!
Anyways, it's crazy that I have been out 11 months tomorrow! Time is
flying, but I'm loving every minute! It's hard sometimes but it's all
worth it when you see someone feel the Spirit and gain a testimony. I
love everyone and hope you have awesome weeks!
Also, last shoutout since Sunday is Fathers Day: Thank you Dad, you're
the best ever and my biggest fan and my role model, I love you!
Love,
Elder Faraoni
No comments:
Post a Comment