Sunday, December 3, 2017

That Day When You're Grateful For 27 Degrees


Hello again!!

Hope all is well and you are enjoying your warm weather! Alright so
transfer news! I will be staying here in Smithfield with Elder Ichin,
and Elder Fuller will be going down to Ogden to the Lorin Farr Stake!

So yeah! This will be an exciting transfer and I am pumped for this
opportunity. The Lord knows what He is doing! Anyways, this week was a
good week. Monday night we had a great night. We had a lesson with the
Costa family, who are a part member family. They are funny so it was a
good time. After that we went and shoveled off the rest of Dani's roof
and then shoveled her sister-in-laws for her as well. Not gonna lie I
was a little scared I was gonna fall off. It helped I had 3 feet of
snow to fall into though.

Tuesday we got to go to the temple as a zone!! The Logan Temple is
sweeeet. The temple is just an awesome place in general. It's so
peaceful and the Spirit is so strong. It's a great place to get some
answers. If you haven't gone recently, I encourage you to go! Even
just go walk the grounds. After that, we went to IHOP and I got
endless pancakes. It was freaking delicious hahaha. That day and night
all of our appointments cancelled so we just knocked lots of doors
that night. It was pretty fun, we met this huge dude that answered the
door shirtless that is super into My Little Pony...it was an
interesting conversation.

Wednesday we had District Meeting, then our seminary devotionals. It
was pouring rain all day (what the heck Utah) and we had a good
devotional though. We talked about New Years Resolutions and Goals and
how the past is in the past and we should leave things that we are
doing wrong in the past year and focus more on Christ this year. It
was great. That night we had another lesson with Jarrett and he is
doing awesome.

Thursday we walked around and visited some shut ins and shared a
message with them, it was cool to see how much they appreciate just
feeling the Spirit. That afternoon we walked around and tracted and
tried getting some referrals, and then that night we had another
lesson with Taylor. It was really good, and her dad is meeting with
the Bishop to finalize when he will be able to baptize her!

Friday we went to lunch at Firehouse it was way good, and then we did
some service moving boxes of books. All that day and night, we tracted
and visited auxiliaries and tried getting some good referrals. That
night I met up with Elder Heslop and we burned ties for our 6 month
marks together! That was cool. Saturday was pretty dang fun. We
visited some Bishops and talked with them about their wards and the
work going on there, then we helped a lady take down some light and
then drove up to Preston for a devotional with Elder Curtis from the
Seventy. It was super awesome and he talked about missionary work and
how right now is our time because we only have 2 years to do this!
Made me think a lot about how fast it is already going!

Sunday was great. We had some good Sacrament Meetings, and then Mike
got the priesthood! That was awesome. After that we had dinner with
Bro Weber, he makes way good burgers. Then we went and gave Sister
Hymas a blessing, then visited some people that night!

I am excited for this transfer it is going to be awesome to get some
more work going here! I love and miss you all and love hearing from
you!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment