Sunday, December 3, 2017

7 Days In Heaven


Hello again!

I hope you're all doing well and have had good weeks. This week has
been a ton of fun and excitement!
Monday we got together with most of the Elder's in the zone and played
football (I got super sunburnt...like I always do) but it was great to
just chill and have fun with all of them. We have some really talented
guys that played some in college and then some guys who have never
touched a football like Elder Chiang from China, and it was really
cool to see how everyone made sure everyone was involved and got
passes and stuff and wasn't just focused on winning. Anyways that
night we taught the Nielsen family, which is this inactive family that
has a bunch of Unbaptized kids and they love us, they have been taught
by missionaries before and remember a ton so we played a game to see
what they remember and they loved it. I ended up buying a bunch of
candy and I give it out to keeps kids entertained. It works great!!

Tuesday we taught Nicole and Zandy and are just helping them grow
their testimonies and prepare for their baptism. They started school
too and loved it. They were super solid. That night we didn't have a
dinner but some guy dropped us off pizzas so we ate those then we had
a mutual to teach to the 4th Ward YW and that was funny, we did mini
role plays where they are missionaries and we were investigators and
dang it's crazy to see how much I've learned already hahahahha
needless to say it was hilarious.

Wednesday a bunch of us in the zone went and picked peaches, the
church here owns a huge orchard and they can them for the Bishops
Storehouses, and they are all ripe now so we went and helped. We had a
couple lessons, and then we went and taught the 3rd Ward YM and played
dodgeball with them, they were talking a ton of smack but we whooped
them and I nailed one of our recent converts in the face as he was
running and he was pissed at me hahahaha good times. I apologized and
it's all good now. We also had a lesson with the Bradshaw boys and
they are super pumped to be baptized.

Thursday we woke up early and went and picked peaches with President
Christiansen, who is our stake president here and then he took us to
breakfast.  A bunch of our appointments cancelled so we did a lot of
finding, and that night we went on exchanges. Elder To'alepai went to
Huntsville and Elder Leavitt-Lytle came here.

Friday I ran the area and we had a ton of lessons it was weird. We
also found 3 new investigators from referrals and tracting, and that
was awesome! Elder Leavitt-Lytle is an interesting dude...he shares
very random things in the middle of stuff but it all worked out! That
night we switched back and everything was good again. Saturday we went
to the baptism of one of Elder To'alepais old investigators for most
of the day then went to stake conference that night.

Sunday we had stake conference and President Allred our mission
president spoke at it and he was talking about Alma and Amulek and how
they were two of the strongest missionaries and then said that this
stake has two of the strongest missionaries he knows and had us come
to the stand and share the 4 minute Restoration. It really brought the
Spirit and everyone was crying and could feel it. Everything went
super quiet and it was awesome. We got 2 new investigators because
there were 2 Nonmembers there that felt the power we had and the truth
of what we were saying. Then that night we taught Lance and he is a 27
year old from Cali and has 3 kids and a fiancé and he really wants to
find out if the gospel is true and if he needs Jesus Christ in his
life.

This week was awesome and I saw the Lords hand a lot this week. It's
crazy how blessed we all are. And especially my home Ward. Here, the
stake youth and primary altogether add up to maybe just our ward at
home and I'm grateful for that. I challenge you all to read and pray
and build your relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and
to gain that knowledge for yourself! Love and miss you all and am
extremely grateful for your letters and your support, they mean the
world to me. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment