Sunday, December 3, 2017

Ballin like Steve Nash #13



Hello everyone!!

This week was the most bipolar yet awesome week I've had yet!! So big news this week: there have been crazy clown sightings and stuff and everyone is freaked out; now part of #TeamJesus with this big black baptist guy; and we had a baptism!!!!! More to come on all of that. 

Monday was another awesome PDay, we got some haircuts and played sports with the district and stuff, and we went and visited Nicole and Zandy and introduced them to the Sisters since we have to hand them over to them, and while the sisters talked to Nicole we sat and played soccer with Eryn who is 4 and Zandy who is 9 hahaha it was a lot of fun I love that family. Then that night we got told that there has been these crazy clown people that have been walking around with like axes and stuff and they put schools on lockdown and so everyone is so freaked about it, there have been people that are going on clown hunts at night. 

Tuesday we went walking around all day and Tracting and contacting and found nothing....it was a very long day, but we were tracting these old people apartments and this huge black guy who is in his 60s came to the door and said "hey I am not interested at all, I am a hardcore Baptist don't try and preach, but I respect what you do, and we are on the same team man. We Team Jesus. Go beat up Satan!" Hahahaha I haven't laughed that hard in a while, and the best thing was later in the week he drove by and was like hanging out the window yelling team Jesus! Hahaha I love Utah. 

Wednesday we had some miracles!!! It was a huge testament that really showed us the power of prayer and fasting. So we have been really praying and fasting for a miracle to find people that are ready to draw closer to Jesus Christ and be baptized this month, and Wednesday morning we got a call from the bishop in the 2nd Ward who told us that these kids whose parents have a really bad divorce and haven't been allowed to be baptized just got told they can be baptized! They are 13 and 11 and go to church every week. It is amazing. That day we stopped by with the Ward Mission Leader and introduced ourselves and it went great. 

Thursday we had a couple lessons with some less actives and just went tracting a lot, but it was just a super awesome day cause we just felt the Spirit so strong from the day before. Even when we got cussed out by this crazy lady we went away smiling. Awesome day. 

Friday was way different from the previous days because the work exploded that day for some reason!! It was amazing. We went to drop by some recent converts and ended up teaching a bunch of different people in their apartment complex, and we have a couple return appointments so we are hopeful! Then later that day we were walking past the elementary school and these 12 year olds challenged us to a basketball game, so we said if we win they have to have a lesson with us, and if they win then we have to give them $20. So we played a game with them, all 6 of them wanted to play on the small hoops, so we did. Hahahaha it was awesome cause the hoops are only 9 feet tall and so I would just dunk it on them. We schooled them and were just messing with them and would do ally oops and it was a lot of fun. We taught them a lesson then we felt bad cause they looked sad so we gave them the money and told them to get a treat, they were so happy. 

Saturday we had a baptism!! Jacksen, whose family is recently reactivated and he is 9 was baptized with his little sister. It was awesome I was so happy to see him there! Then later that day we met with the Mendenhalls who are Bishops referral and that lesson went awesome as well and they are on date to be baptized!! Then that night we helped Greg build a haunted house in his yard that was fun!

Sunday we had a regular Sunday with meetings and stuff and went and gave 2 ladies blessings and they were both crying, then we visited Curtis our recent convert and he got his temple recommend!! We are going with him Tuesday for baptisms I am so pumped. 

Sorry this email is so long, I just had a ton to write about!! The Lord really does answers prayers and helps us with our problems. I have really seen the peace the Spirit brings to peoples lives on my mission and can see the happiness they feel when they realize that the Holy Ghost is talking to them. I challenge all of you to build that relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ by reading scriptures, praying, and going to church! I know that it will bless you and bring you so much happiness. I appreciate all of your support and letters, they mean a lot! Love and miss you all. 

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment