Sunday, December 3, 2017
15 lbs Already
Hello again!
Transfer Week!! Drumroll please..........
Alright! So Elder To'alepai and I are getting split up. My new
companion is Elder Woolwine, and we are staying here in RockCliff.
Elder To'alepai is training again, and he is going to Logan I'm gonna
miss him. I am super sad to leave him cause he is a great missionary
and a brother to me, but I know that the Lord and President Allred
know what is best for us!!
Moving on, this week was a pretty awesome week. Monday we played
sports, and something crazy happened! So this Elder was kicking a
soccerball and it hit this Sister in the wrist and she broke it and is
going home and getting surgery! Pretty nuts. After that we just had a
lesson with the Mendenhall kids, it was fun we did the Joseph Smith
stickpull thing and all that it was fun.
Tuesday we just walked around all day.... not a lot happened but had
some funny dudes that were smoking weed so there was that.
Wednesday we had our last district meeting of this transfer!! It was
really good and then we all went to Kirts after then to a service
project for this old lady. We redid her yard and she was super
grateful. Made me feel good. That night we went and had a lesson with
Greg and them and set up so that we could watch the Joseph Smith movie
with them! Also I finally stepped on a scale here...I've gained 15ish
lbs since wrestling season hahahaha I am screwed for holidays I will
get so fat.
Thursday we had a bunch of good lessons with people. We met with Jamie
and really tried to solidify her for her baptism, keep her in your
prayers! Then we went tracting and met this cool guy named Tyler who
we had a good discussion with but he doesn't want to learn more but
said we are welcome to come stop by and get some food and water so
that's good! That night we met with the Neaman boys and had a fun
lesson with them, we played a game about the Commandments. Then we had
a lesson with Mike and watched Ephraims Rescue and really testified of
the faith of the saints he loved it. Super strong spirit. I invite you
all to watch that movie, it really shows that faith in Christ can make
miracles happen.
Friday we did more service and then did a lot of finding and
tracting!! We have been walking a lot and trying to find more solid
peoples to teach! Saturday we did a lot of fun stuff. We went to this
carnival the 3rd Ward put on and helped run a booth and talked to a
ton of people and got some solid referrals, then those kids ran up to
us while we were tracting and asked us to play ball again so we did
and taught them a good lesson on the Book of Mormon.
Sunday was a great day. We had Regional Conference (basically General
Conference for like a bunch of stakes) and the theme was missionary
work it was way powerful. Then we had a great lesson with Curtis and
then watched the Joseph Smith movie with Greg and their family and it
really brought the Spirit and they had a ton of questions about his
life and stuff and we were really able to testify and build on the
Spirit and Greg even bore his testimony. Then we told them one of us
was going to be leaving and they started crying.
It's moments like those that make this all worth it. Getting to see
Curtis and the progress he has made and his goal of the temple,
helping Greg and his family see the benefits of the gospel and helping
them to achieve those and seeing the love they have for us makes me
the happiest I have ever been. I know that this is what I am supposed
to do. As one of the members told us, "We leave our families for a
short 2 years so others can be with theirs for eternity," and I really
know that is true. I've seen it already in the short time I've been
out. I love and miss you all and hope you're doing awesome and have a
great week.
Love,
Elder Faraoni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment