So Friday's are my P day while I am in the MTC. It's nice, we get to go to the temple later today, and I don't have any laundry to do so that's awesome! The MTC so far has been really eye opening and cool. The first day was rough, because I was running on 3 hours of sleep and couldn't sleep on the plane ride over because of a crying baby, and I had a massive headache, but otherwise it was good!
My companions name is Elder Turnmire, he is from northern Florida and is 20. He went to college before this, and already has his associates degree! I was worried that I would get a companion that I didn't particularly get along with, but Elder Turnmire is awesome! We get along really well, he likes sports and is a quiet but funny dude. He works hard and is obedient, and so we get a lot done in a short amount of time!
My district is awesome. We have 5 sets of Elders and 1 set of Sisters, and it has been great to get to know them! All of us Elders like to have fun and work hard, so as a district we get a ton done and we have a lot of fun doing it! The Sisters are for sure the most spiritual, but they get lost a lot, so we have a running joke in the district that the Sisters can't find where they are going!
The food here is not as good as my mom's cooking, but I have found foods that are pretty good: mashed potatoes, bagels, cookies, donuts, icecream, and CHOCOLATE MILK. The chocolate milk here is heavenly, the best I have ever tasted. It's to die for.
My experience here has been amazing. I know I have only been here 2 days, but it feels like forever. I have learned so much, and I haven't felt the Spirit this strong in my whole life. It is amazing how happy you can be with the Spirit always with you so strong! We already have met one of our first investigators, his name is Bubba and he is from Southern California. He grew up in a rough neighborhood and joined gangs and stuff, but shaped up and got married. He is interested in the Church but doesn't trust people much, so it has been tough to relate to him. I am hopeful though!
Well, I challenge you all to pray every day and to develop a relationship with Heavenly Father. It is amazing how peaceful and happy you can be if you do! I love you all and would love to hear from you!
Love,
Elder Faraoni
No comments:
Post a Comment