Sunday, December 3, 2017

Fantastic Four


Hello!!!

So there has been a ton of stuff that has happened, but to start, I
finally am in the mission field!!! I got assigned to North Ogden, and
am serving in the Rockcliff Stake, and I am the southern border of the
Logan Mission. My companion is Elder To'alepai, he is a Samoan and is
from California! He is super cool and chill but a really good trainer
and a really good missionary. We get along really well and he really
knows his stuff.

The last couple days at the MTC were pretty normal days, we just said
bye to everyone and stuff.  Packing took forever though, and we were
up super late. We then had to wake up super early to catch our train
to Odgen. I got to call my family on the train and it was great to
hear their voices. Once we got there, mission president and the APs
were there to pick us up and give us breakfast...it was great. The APs
are Elders Pregnalato and Torres, and they are from Italy and
Spain...and I decided that people from Spain are worse drivers than
people from Utah haha!!!

My mission president is freaking awesome. He is a farmer from
Washington and is the nicest, chillest dude. The way he talks and acts
reminds me a lot of Padens dad they would get along real well haha but
anyways he is a super cool guy and I can really see the love he has
for his missionaries. That first night we had dinner and a fireside at
his house and he and his wife just took care of us and made sure we
were doing ok. It was really nice.

Tuesday the whole mission got together and there is over 150 of us. So
we were in a chapel and all the new missionaries were sitting on the
stand and everyone else was in the seats, and then the APs would call
each of us up individually and have us introduce ourselves and then
would call our trainer and it was super nerve racking cause I was one
of the last ones and there are over 20 new missionaries. After I met
my trainer and stuff we got a ride back to our residence and yeah
hahahahaha it is pretty funny. We live in the basement of this guys
house, and our kitchen consists of a fridge, microwave, and a hot
plate. We have to wash our dishes in the bathroom sink hahaha it's so
cool though. We are in a kinda less well off area but that's better
because there is a ton of work to do. We are on bikes or we walk, and
it isn't too bad except that it has been a little warm and our area is
super hilly, so going up is a pain but going down we go really fast
and have races!!

Right when I got there we got to work teaching and tracting....my
companion would knock on the door and then just leave me hanging and
make me talk but it's good for me because I am getting a lot better at
it! We have 4 people right now scheduled for baptism in the next 3
weeks...Curtis who is a guy in his 40s, Will who is 14 years old,
Zandy who is 9, and Dae who is 17 and is just waiting till he turns 18
because his mom won't let him! Besides them we are teaching a lot of
different people and are super hopeful with this Spanish family! I
love it here. It's awesome always having the Spirit with me and seeing
how it works on people...like when we share the First Vision people
really feel the Spirit and it really testifies to them. I am really
excited for this opportunity and I encourage all of you to read and
pray every day! Also, go and watch the Jesus Christ Bible Videos,
specifically the one where he is in the Garden of Gethsemane and then
when he is crucified. They are so powerful and are a great reminder of
our Saviors sacrifice for us.

Well, I love and miss you all!! I hope you guys are doing well and are
enjoying the heat, I would love to hear from you!!
Ps go watch Jordan Burroughs on the Olympics, going for Olympic Gold again!!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment