Sunday, December 3, 2017

Three-peat


Hey everyone!!!

This week has been both the longest and shortest week of my entire life. The days seem long when I am in the middle of it, but looking back it is crazy how fast time has flown. I really appreciate all the letters/emails and support you guys have sent me!! Thank you!
So after my last email Friday we taught Arnold and our other investigator Braulio who is from Peru. Arnold is by far my favorite of them he is a good guy and love him. I attached a picture of my companion and I with him at the bottom! Braulio was super cool and is getting baptized, so that is awesome!
I also made a new friend haha! I met this Tongan who is going to Salt Lake on his mission and is working on his English, and I sat and talked with him and now we are homies! He always yells and hugs me when he sees me hahahaa but he is huge and it is really funny.
Sunday we had our devotional, and since it was the 24th of July, which is apparently a big holiday in Utah called Pioneer Day, we had the Nashville Tribute Band come and they performed a bunch of songs for us and we got to sing some for them! It was a real cool experience and they are really good band. Our last song we sang was a song the lead singer wrote called Hardest Thing I've Ever Loved to Do, and it was about the mission and it really was exactly like the mission.
Monday was just another regular day, except it was our first official days as Zone Leaders and so we walked around and talked to the districts and helped with stuff, and we also got new investigators named Bubba and Amanda. Bubba is an ex-Crip from Oceanside, and he was a really intense, real dude. Amanda was super nice and fun, and she is from Wisconsin and is here with her boyfriend and his family who are Mormon, and that was super fun!
The devo on Tuesday was nice, Elder Condie spoke and was really funny and did impressions of different apostles/prophets when he quoted them, and was surprisingly really good at it! 
We have been playing alot of ball this week, and I am steadily improving ahhaha I can now actually make shots!! Everyone is surprised when I do though. Wednesday we welcomed the new missionaries and had to give orientation to the 2 new districts in our zone, and it is weird how some of them are like 4 years older than me but look up to me and Elder Turnmire. That went good, and now they always come to us for help and stuff and its funny. I also got to see my cousin Daniel here and talked with him and it was awesome I know he will do an awesome job.
Well, this is my last Pday in the MTC! I leave Monday morning for Logan, and I am super pumped! I miss you all and would love to hear from each of you!!
Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment