Sunday, December 3, 2017

Home Run Like Jackie Robinson #42

Hello everyone!

So this week has been pretty dang good. It's been a weird week, but we
had some success so it's good!

Monday was a typical PDay! We went and worked out and then brought the
Smithfield Elders back over and we made breakfast again! It was way
bomb. Then we went shopping and then to Wendy's, then just shot hoops
and played Risk! It was a good time (I won btw) then that night our
lesson cancelled so we tried finding some new people!

Tuesday we planned for DM, then knocked a lot of doors all afternoon
and stuff! Best part of the day was when we had a lesson with Lori!
She has some problems with the history of the Book of Mormon and the
Church, but I think we helped her realize that she needs to just focus
on the basics and how the gospel makes her feel! She wants to be
baptized, and right now she is on date for the 20th! Super majestic!!!
Then that night we met with some of our ward mission leaders
throughout our many stakes.

Wednesday we had a bomb DM, and Sister Allred brought ice cream for
our district!!! I freaking love her! After our DM, we went to Pizza
Pie with Elder Rhodes, then had our seminary devotional and we played
jeopardy for it! It was pretty fun. Then that night, we met with a
bunch more WMLs to try and get some more work throughout our area.

Thursday we went on exchanges with the Benson Elders, I was with Elder
Mantle who came out with me and is from Missouri. He is an interesting
kid it was a good time though! We tried to find some new investigators
and knocked a ton of doors, and actually found a new investigator for
them! That was cool to see the Lord provide some small miracles for
them. We went back to our regular companionships before dinner because
they had some lessons that they needed to go to, so then we went on
mini exchanges with the Smithfield Elders and a Elder Castillo and I
went and helped someone move while Elder Short and Hyer went to a
lesson thing with a Senior. It was a good night, Elder Castillo cracks
me up and I love service!

Friday we used a ton of miles and drove all over visiting former
investigators and potentials, we didn't find anyone but this one
trailer we knocked on the dude answered and he was high as heck and
you could smell the weed! Pretty funny conversation with him haha.

Saturday we did some service with Bro Weber and helped him with his
yard, he cracks me up! I freaking love the people here. After that, we
visited Lori and then met with Bro Gibbons and talked about his Ward,
it was good! Then just same as yesterday, no success, but we know the
Lord is gonna help us!

Sunday we had meetings!!! Shocker lol. But yeah it was actually a good
time! We hit a couple different sacrament meetings, then a couple
other meetings! It was a struggle to stay awake!! I was thinking about
the week last night, and I realized that even though we are struggling
to find some new people to teach, I can really see the Lord's hand in
my life everyday! And so that's why this week was a home run, because
the Lord is always there to make it a home run!

Well this past week has been fun, and I am looking forward to this
week! We have a ton of lessons and it's gonna be a good week! Shout
out to Dylan, I heard he killed his farewell! You're gonna do awesome
in Brazil, love ya bud!

Well I love and miss you all!!

Love,
Elder Faraoni

No comments:

Post a Comment