Another awesome week in the Rockcliff Stake. It's been a ton of fun
here and I am really enjoying the experience. So first off, Monday we
played football and ultimate frisbee and I suck at frisbee so I got it
stuck in this tree and had to climb it and got all scraped up but
that's ok it was still fun! That night we had some appointments cancel
so we walked around trying to find people to talk to and ended up
finding nobody interested but it was still a solid night!
Tuesday was a good day. We have started riding our bikes to the high
school every morning at 5:45 to go lift so I have been really sore
this entire week haha. Everyone has been back in school so we have had
a harder time with having appointments, but we met with the Bradshaw
boys who are super excited to be baptized and love us coming over, the
only holdup is the older brother who is reactivating wants to baptize
them but he hasn't met with bishop so we don't know if he will be
worthy to, but hopefully it works out!! We also played basketball with
Charles to build better relations and try and help him get over his
drug addiction and that went good, I got schooled by him and Elder
To'alepai but yeah hahaha I suck at everything but defense!!
Wednesday we met with this lady who was at stake conference and wants
to be baptized, that lesson went really well and it was awesome to see
how some people are super prepared to receive the gospel. Her only
concern is Joseph Smith and the praise he gets but hopefully we
resolved that. Then we met with Nicole and Zandy and are just building
their testimonies and trying to get Nicole more interested. That
hopefully works out. We also talked to these high school junior girls
that are cousins and that are freaking crazy they hardly pay attention
and they just talk a lot they don't seem that interested so we will
see.
Thursday we had Zone Training Meeting and then went and picked some
peaches for service, they have so many trees here it is insane. Then
we went tracting and visiting some referrals since our lessons
cancelled, and as we were walking this lady yelled at us to come to
her door and she gave us a box of thin mint Girl Scout cookies!!! So
excited. Love people in Utah. That night we were walking to our
appointment at the very top of the hill and it started pouring rain so
we walked in the rain and were drenched haha it was pretty fun.
Friday we had return and report which is basically a meeting to make
sure our trainers are actually training us, and I got to see Elder
Turnmire my MTC companion!! That was awesome I love that guy. Then we
had a lesson Nicole and Zandy, then met with Greg and his boys who are
all recent converts and we watched Meet the Mormons, they really
enjoyed it. They are probably my favorite family.
Saturday we met with John who is the army dude we taught earlier and
are just trying to get him to commit to baptism. That's going ok.
Sunday we went to church and Nicole and Zandy ended up not coming so
we were sad but then we went to 6th Ward and Charles showed up!! That
was exciting. We taught the 1st Ward YM too and then went to dinner at
the Nielsens and had a lesson with Curtis that night and he is so
strong I am really hopeful he stays close to the gospel I think he
will.
Anyways, this wee has been awesome and I am really loving the people
here!! They are really nice to us and take good care of us. Thank you
all for your letters and support, and I hope your weeks are amazing!
Love,
Elder Faraoni
No comments:
Post a Comment